Cash flow is king in corporate finance. No matter how well a business is performing, if it doesn’t have the cash to sustain its activities, it won’t succeed.
Cash flow reporting and analysis is one of the biggest challenges during financial planning activities. At the same time, it’s also one of the biggest drivers of financial planning and decision-making. Organizations will spend most of the month putting together their cash flow, only to start again a few days later when the next month ends. Meanwhile, financial planners and executives want their cash flow as soon as possible, as accurate as possible. It’s their cash flow reporting, and they need it now!
In this environment, a powerful and flexible cash flow model is imperative for an organization’s success. To this end, Oracle EPM Cloud offers a breadth of options, both out-of-the-box and custom, to model cash flow consolidated reporting, planning, and analysis. Knowing what to do and where to do it can drive massive success in EPM tool implementation and sustainable financial reporting and analysis activities.
Based on knowledge and experienced gained through building applications for clients across a range of industries, this presentation will review:
- The basic components of a successful cash flow model.
- Simple, input-driven models and how they can be used effectively.
- Out-of-the-box cash flow in EPM Cloud (Financial Consolidation and Close and Planning Modules) and how it works.
- Taking the EPM Cloud models to the next step.
- Rigorous custom cash flow models and how they work best.
- How to find the right balance of cash flow complexity and effectiveness.
Attendees of this presentation should walk away with insights on how to build better cash flow models that work for their financial process and reporting needs. It is recommended for the breadth of the financial organization, across Financial Consolidation and Close users and Planning users.