2019: The Year of PWA
Session Number: 8649
Track: Application Express
Session Type: Tips, Techniques and Tuning
Primary Presenter: Vincent Morneau [Front-End Lead - Insum ]
Time: Jun 26, 2019 (11:45 AM - 12:45 PM)
Room: 6C, Level 6
Speaker Bio: Vincent Morneau is a blogger, speaker, and the lead front-end developer at Insum, the world's largest APEX development team. He is also a big fan of open-source coding, and he systematically shares any piece of code that he finds valuable on his GitHub account at https://github.com/vincentmorneau. He also shares his vision through Twitter at @vincentmorneau and his blog at http://vmorneau.me.
Session Summary for Attendees: Last year, Progressive Web Apps caught the eye of the whole web development industry. This year, the progress of PWA across platforms and devices makes them a stronger candidate to compete with native mobile apps.
This session will go beyond the theory of PWA and will showcase a conventional APEX app, boosted with native app-like functionalities such as:
• Discoverable: Our APEX app is available on the web, in Google Play, and in the App Store.
• Installable: Our APEX app is installed directly onto a mobile device (on the home screen with icon, searchable).
• Renewable session: Our users should not have to re-log in to our APEX app over and over again.
• Network independent: Our APEX app works online and offline, as well as on unstable networks.
• Fresh updates: Our users receive seamless updates automatically.
• Re-engageable: Push notifications reach our users even when the app is closed.
Be sure to keep your user profile up to date! Click here to update now.