Session Number: 8871
Track: Real World EPM
Sub-Categorization: EPM Processes and Management
Session Type: Case Studies
Primary Presenter: Venkat Medikonda [Hyperion Architect - Rutgers, The State University]
Co-Presenter: Kirby Lunger [Partner - Performance Architects]
Time: Jun 26, 2019 (03:30 PM - 04:30 PM)
Room: 204, Level 2
Speaker Bio: Venkat is a certified Oracle/Hyperion professional with over 13 years of EPM experience, currently working as Hyperion architect and developer at Rutgers University. He is the principal in maintaining and developing EPM cloud applications catering to Rutgers financial and budgeting needs. Venkat has implemented several budgeting, consolidation, and close applications utilizing Oracle EPM product suite with both an on-premises and a cloud focus.
Venkat has worked on several business processes, transformations, system upgrades, and migrations to cloud, including re-designing efforts, helping companies achieve their business needs, BI focus in data modeling, integration expertise in developing interfaces with ERP/ EPM systems, and bridging the gap on reporting with drill-through technologies.
Vinkat’s technical background includes an undergraduate and master’s degree in computer science. He is also currently working through his MBA at Rutgers.
Venkat’s product expertise includes:
EPM Cloud: EPBCS, PCMCS, FCCS, EPRCS, and ARCS
On-premises EPM system 11: Hyperion Planning, Essbase, Financial Management, Profitability Cost Management, FDMEE, DRM, and Financial Report
Technologies or Products Used: All EPM Cloud solutions
Session Summary for Attendees: Learn about how Rutgers transformed our finance processes and business operations using the following:
1. Account reconciliation: Moved from a manual to a transparent process in Oracle EPM Account Reconciliation Cloud Service (ARCS).
2. Consolidation/Close: From manual to a consolidated process in Oracle EPM Financial Consolidation and Close Cloud Service (FCCCS).
3. Expense allocations: Moved from a responsibility center management (RCM) cost pool process to Oracle EPM Profitability and Cost Management Cloud Service (PCMCS), which provided transparent allocations.
4. Budgeting/Planning: On-premises solution to Oracle EPM Enterprise Planning and Budgeting Cloud Service (EPBCS), adding Workforce for better insight into labor costs.
5. Performance reporting: Replaced the labor-intensive reports to production-style reports in Oracle EPM Enterprise Performance Reporting Cloud Service (EPRCS).